Haybridge Homes

Client Guide


We will provide the following valid safety certificates for all properties:

  • CP12 Gas safety certificate
  • NICEIC / NAPIT Electrical safety certificate
  • EPC Energy performance certificate

All the furniture complies with the The Furniture and Furnishings (Fire) (Safety) Regulations 1988 (as amended).

The following safety equipment is fitted in all student or HMO properties:

  • Fire resisting doors with automatic closing devices
  • Mains wired smoke alarms
  • Fire blankets
  • Fire extinguishers


We are a very hands on and conscientious landlord so if there is a problem at the property please call Navin on 07580 591 591 as soon as possible. We will endeavor to resolve the issue quickly to avoid inconvenience. Please notify us of any damages at the property immediately in case the problem worsens. If there is a fire or break-in the first thing to do is dial 999 and call out the fire brigade or police respectively.

Water Leaks & Mains Stopcock:

If there is a water leak you need to locate the mains water stopcock and turn this clockwise (right) until it is tight and this will close off the running water. The location of the stopcock will be documented in the red folder given to you at the start of the tenancy.

Power Cut & Electrical Circuit Breaker:

Check if your neighbours have electricity. If they do not, it is likely that the fault is on our electricity network so contact the supplier.

If they do then there could be an issue with the fuses or trip switches.

The location of the fuse box will be documented in the red folder given to you at the start of the tenancy. You may occasionally need to reset a fuse if it trips. You do this by opening the cover on the main electrical fuse box, you will see one or more of the small leaver down, simply left it back up.


All security deposits taken in accordance with an Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement will be registered with the Deposit Protection Service (DPS). A lead tenant will be chosen and all correspondence relating to the deposit will be sent to this person.

A letter will be posted you to you within 30 days from the DPS. Please ensure you keep the Repayment ID safe, as you will need this at the end of your tenancy to release the money.


The location of the meters will be documented in the red folder given to you at the start of the tenancy. Meter readings will be taken on the first day of your tenancy and we will arrange for the utility accounts to be transferred into your names. You may change the supplier part way through the tenancy but you must notify us of the new suppliers details at the end of the tenancy.


Rubbish is typically collected weekly by the local council. It can be split into recyclable and general waste. Any paper, plastic or glass can be put into clear bags provided by the council. General rubbish needs to be put into black bags and placed inside a wheelie bin. Rubbish should only be moved to the front of the property the night before the collection.

General rubbish in clear bags will NOT be collected.

TV License

It is a legal requirement for you to buy a TV License if you want to watch TV or stream BBC programs online. You can obtain a license this by calling 0844 800 6790 or visiting www.tvlicensing.co.uk.

Internet & Telephone

Most of our properties are in freeview, satellite and cable areas so you can choose any provider for your telecommunications.

  • Virgin Media (cable): I have a contact that can offer a personalised service so let me is you choose this provider and I can put you in touch.
  • Sky (satellite): If you need to install a dish on the house please let me know in advance so that I can advise on the location. It must be removed at the end of the tenancy at your cost.


We have insurance for the building and any items belonging to us however any damage caused by you must be paid for by you this will not be covered against this under the insurance. You are strongly advised to insure your own personal belongings.


You may receive post at the property addressed to the landlord, please keep it aside and notify us immediately so we can collect it. Any post for the previous tenants can be returned to the sender.

Facebook Twitter Youtube Youtube